Crash Reporting System
Purchase a copy of your crash report 24/7 on-line!
August 1st, 2008
Albion Public Safety has entered into an agreement with DOCVIEW, LLC to place
traffic accident reports on-line. The TRACView Accident Report System was
selected to serve as our traffic accident insurance and citizen request
What is TRACView?
TRACView is an Internet based application that was developed to help law
enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident
reports in a more efficient manner. Through the use of “cutting edge” online
document management technology, you are now able to rapidly find and view an
accident report usually within 24 hours of a crash. No more waiting in line or
mailing report request forms. Now you can access your reports over the Internet,
24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across America, Albion Public Safety has been
pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of
report requests. Albion Public Safety concluded that the TRACView system was the
most suitable and secure solution as a local accident repository for insurance
and citizen report requests. Albion Public Safety wanted a system that was
designed to do the following:
* Allow multi-jurisdictional data sharing and searching
* A comprehensive system to facilitate web accessible availability of
accident reports for insurance companies, officers and citizens
* Remove the police department from the billing and
request fulfillment process
* Provide officers and investigators access to accident information
for all agencies on the system.
We are convinced Internet viewing and printing will significantly reduce the
time spent dealing with insurance agencies and citizens seeking copies of
traffic accident reports. Police Chief Eric Miller noted: "It is our desire to
provide a level of expediency to anyone wishing to view and print police reports
in the convenience of their home or business, of which has not been available in
this area before".
This new on-line method will provide an alternative and more expedient method
for obtaining the information they need.
* Reports are available from work or home, 24 hours a
day via the Internet.
* Saves citizens the hassles of driving downtown and standing in line.
* Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy to view, save, print and
* Finding a report takes only a few seconds.
* Reports are accessible usually within 24 hours of a crash, excluding holidays
* Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report integrity.
* Provides clear, high resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and
Visit www.tracview.com to learn more about
TRACView and its services.